READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
NOVEMBER 6, 2006
A. Mayor Shamey calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Personnel/Three Bridges Library
Contract Negotiations/PBA - Lieutenant=s Contract
Contract Negotiations/Block 36, Lots 9 & 27 (Cook)
Contract Negotiations/Block 39, Lot 14 (Cuchiaro)
Contract Negotiations/Readington-Lebanon Sewerage Authority
Contract Negotiations/Perillo Auction & Liquidation Services, Inc.
Contract Negotiations/Recreation - Needs Assessment
Contract Negotiations/Awarding of ECHO Installation & Removal Bids
Contract Negotiations/East Whitehouse Fire Dept. Pumper Specifications
Litigation/Liberty Hill Realty, Inc. & Rene Salamon v. Illva Saronno Corp., Angelo Reina, David Kelso and Readington Township
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes (September 18, 2006 &, October 2, 2006)
Contract Negotiations/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8; Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services:
Gebhardt & Kiefer
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “r” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be removed from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of October 16, 2006.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:00 p.m.
1. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR VARIOUS CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS OF THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, APPROPRIATING THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF $1,740,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $1,653,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
2. AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF CERTAIN ROADWAYS WITHIN THE RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT KNOWN AS WILMARK AT READINGTON PHASE III (AKA STANTON PLACE) IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY FROM WILMARK BUILDING CONTRACTORS, INC.
3. Lamington Hospitality, LLC. – Liquor License Transfer
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Letter dated October, 2006 from Alex DeCroce, Assembly Republican Leader, regarding resolution urging bipartisan action by the State Legislature on Ethics Reform.
2. Letter dated October 16, 2006 from Hunterdon Central Regional High School regarding placing an ad in their 50th Anniversary Souvenir Yearbook.
3. Memorandum dated October 10, 2006 from Sharon L. Brienza, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Branchburg, regarding public hearing of Ordinance #2006-1053 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by revising the bulk standards in the R/S-1 and R/S-2 retail service zones, removing automobile service station as a conditional use in the R/S-1 retail service zone and revising the conditional use standards for automobile service stations.
4. Letter dated October 12, 2006 from Richard W. Madden, Mayor, Twp. of Delaware, regarding Farm Laborer Quarters.
5. Notice dated October 23, 2006 from Dorothy L. Gooditis, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Raritan, regarding adoption of a Resolution opposing P.L. 2006 c. 44 which amended the New Jersey Sales & Use Tax to extend the base of the sales tax to include new services in addition to a 1% increase.
6. Resolution from the Township of Tewksbury supporting Public Question #2 which would reallocate a surplus of existing, already environmentally-dedicated funds from the New Jersey Corporate Business Tax revenue to improving state parks, forests, wildlife management areas and local urban and rural parks.
7. Notice from John R. Dusinberre, Esq., regarding hearing before the Tewksbury Twp. Planning Board - Toll Brothers Crossroads at Oldwick, Block 45, Lots 42 & 43.
8. Letter dated October 11, 2006 from David C. Krueger, President, Environmental Technology, Inc. regarding Application for Letter of Interpretation - Presence/Absence – Winfield Management Corp., Block 8, Lot 3 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
9. Letter dated October 19, 2006 from Lou Cattuna, Section Chief, Bureau of Inland
Regulation, NJDEP regarding NJDEP Freshwater Wetlands Letter of Interpretation/Line Verification – TC&D Builders, Block 97, Lot 4(Readington Twp.) & Block 80, Lot 5 (Branchburg Twp.) (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
I. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Solberg Airport - update by Mayor Shamey.
2. Wilmark Building Contractors, Inc./Lake View Drive – request for reduction of
3. HCM Family Life Center – request for permission to connect to the PSE&G line located on the opposite side of Old York Road.
J. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Hunterdon County Open Space Trust Fund FY 2005 – allocations under the Municipal Grant Program.
2. Whitehouse Methodist Church – request for waiver of escrow fees.
3. Fallone/Block 36, Lot 2 – request for release of Maintenance Bond.
r 4. Mannon Excavating & Paving/Road Reclamation 2006 – Change Order #1.
r 5. Mannon Excavating & Paving/Road Reclamation 2006 – Payment #1.
r 6. S. Brothers/Mill Road Section I – Change Order #2.
r 7. S. Brothers/Mill Road Section I – Change Order #3.
r 8. S. Brothers/Mill Road Section I – Payment #3.
r 9. Jacobs-BBL - Partial Payment #14 for Three Bridges Pump Station project.
r 10. Compass Construction, Inc./Bikeway & Pedestrian Walkway – Change Order #3.
r 11. Compass Construction, Inc./Bikeway & Pedestrian Walkway – Payment #5.
r 12. DalCortivo/Block 45, Lot 25.38 - release of driveway bond - $600.
r 13. Pupa/Block 53, Lot 7.06 - request for release of unused escrow funds.
K. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER’S REPORT:
N. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
School Crossing Guards
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
4. Frank Gatti:
ra. Tax Refunds – resolution.
rb. Payment of the Bills.
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for July, 2006.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.