Where to Apply
- The Registrar of Vital Statistics where either partner resides.
- If both partners are non-residents of NJ, apply with the Registrar of Vital Statistics where the marriage will be performed.
When to Apply
- Once the application is taken, there is a 72-hour waiting period before it can be issued.
- Once the license is issued, it must be used within 30 days.
- The Readington Township Registrar's office is open 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Please call ahead for an appointment at 908-534-4051.
What to Bring When Applying
- A witness that knows both partners.
- If divorced or annulled, bring final decree.
- If widowed, bring copy of death certificate.
- Identification: Birth certificate, driver's license with current address (if address is not current, bring proof of residency, ie: utility bill, lease, bank statement, etc.)
What You Must Know When Applying
- Both partner's social security numbers.
- Both partner's parent’s names (including mother's maiden name)
- Where both partner's parents were born (state or country)
- Where both partners were born (city and state)
- Date and location of the marriage ceremony.
- Name and address of person performing the ceremony.
FEE: $28.00 EXACT cash or check (no credit cards) delivered at the time of application.