READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
OCTOBER 3, 2005
A. Mayor Gatti calls the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/Block 64, Lots 29 (Chesla)
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services - W.C. Peters Fire Apparatus Consulting Services, LLC.
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes (September 19, 2005)
Contract Negotiations/Third Round Affordable Housing Plan
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk Ar@ are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of September 19, 2005.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:00 p.m.
1. BOND ORDINANCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, PROVIDING FOR THE FUNDING OF THE TOWNSHIP=S SHARE OF THE COST OF THE ACQUISITION OF AN OPEN SPACE EASEMENT, APPROPRIATING $160,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $152,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
2. ORDINANCE APPROPRIATING $86,300 FROM THE CAPITAL RESERVE FUND FOR VARIOUS ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS IN AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Notice dated September 14, 2005 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director, NJ State League of Municipalities regarding Ballot Question #2 - Funding for Emission Reduction Program.
2. Notice dated September 20, 2005 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director, NJ State League of Municipalities regarding Transportation Funding being in jeopardy.
3. Memorandum dated September 23, 2005 from the Readington Township Board of Health regarding Voluntary Water Conservation.
4. Notice dated September 15, 2005 from Gail W. McKane, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding adoption of Ordinance #891-05 Supplementing & Amending Chapter 165 entitled ALand Use Regulations,@ Article XIV entitled AGeneral Provisions,@ Section 165-112 (Child Care Centers).
5. Letter dated September 20, 2005 from Gail W. McKane, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding adoption of resolution requesting a fuel cost cap exception.
6. Letter dated September 21, 2005 from Gail W. McKane, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding adoption of resolution supporting State funding for the State mandated use of the Alcotest 7110 MK III-C.
7. Resolution from the Borough of Glen Gardner requesting fuel cost cap exception.
8. Resolution from the Borough of Glen Gardner supporting choice and completion in cable service.
9. Resolution from the Township of Riverside supporting renewal of the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund and increased dedication for Local Aid.
10. Memorandum dated September 20, 2005 from Barbara Nyitrai, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of South Brunswick, regarding adoption of resolution urging the Federal Government to raise the Federal hourly minimum wage.
11. Notice from Lora Olsen, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of West Amwell, regarding adoption of Resolution supporting the formation of a Statewide task force to evaluate the current grant process and make recommendations to maximize these valuable resources to enhance services to citizens and communities.
I. OLD BUSINESS:
J. NEW BUSINESS:
Recycling - discussion.
Agreement with NJDOT/US Route 22 Drainage Project - resolution.
Bond Ordinance/East Whitehouse Fire Department Pumper - introduction.
Amendment to Land Development Ordinance/Fee Schedule - consideration.
r Application for Blue Light Permit - David Flanagan.
K. ADMINISTRATOR=S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY=S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER=S REPORT:
N. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Frank Gatti:
r a. Tax Refunds - resolutions.
r b. Payment of the Bills.
r a. Police Department Summary - May, 2005; June, 2005 & July, 2005.
2. Gerry Shamey:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
School Crossing Guards
3. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
4. Thomas Auriemma:
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for August, 2005.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.