AUGUST 15, 2005
A. Mayor Gatti calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/PBA Local 317
Negotiations/Block 13, Lot 34.01
Contract Negotiations/Hunting Specifications
Contract Negotiations/Awarding of Liquid Deicing & Dispensing Station Bid
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes (August 15, 2005)
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “r” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of August 1, 2005.
G. PUBLIC HEARING - 8:00 p.m.
1. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR ACQUISITION OF AIRPORT AND LAND FOR PRESERVATION (BLOCK 48, LOT 23; BLOCK 55, LOT 33; BLOCK 56, LOTS 1, 3, 6, & 8 AND BLOCK 67, LOT 2, OWNER: SOLBERG AVIATION/HROMOHO), IN AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, APPROPRIATING $22,000,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $21,700,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Letter dated July 26, 2005 from Donna Mallery, Somerset Hills YMCA, regarding the Annual Bicycle Around the Somerset Hills Tour - Saturday, September 10, 2005.
2. Letter from Alex DeCroce, New Jersey General Assembly Republican Office, requesting that the Committee consider a resolution supporting their effort to reduce property taxes by 30% in three (3) years.
3. Letter dated August 10, 2005 from Donald W. Baldwin regarding Mayor Gatti’s August 5, 2005 letter to residents.
4. Resolution from the Town of Clinton supporting renewal of the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund and increased dedication for Local Aid.
5. Notice dated July 28, 2005 from Gail W. McKane, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding public hearing of Ordinance #891-05 Supplementing & Amending Chapter 165 entitled “Land Use Regulations,” Section 165-112 (Child Care Centers).
dated July 25, 2005 from Diane L. Schottman,
Municipal Clerk, Borough of Flemington, regarding adoption of a
Resolution supporting renewal of the
7. Notice from Pitney Hardin, LLP, regarding hearing before the Readington Twp. Planning Board - Block 46, Lot 14.03 (New Cingular Wireless, PCS, LLC).
8. Notice from Jeffrey B. Lehrer, Esq., regarding hearing before the Branchburg Twp. Planning Board - Block 17, Lots 16 & 17 (Bridgewater Wholesalers, Inc.).
9. Letter dated July 29, 2005 from Andrew D. Gale, Supervisor, Land Use Regulation Program, regarding Authorization for Freshwater Wetlands Statewide General Permit No. 6 & No. 7 - Charles Urban, Block 21.12, Lots 46 & 46.03.
10. Letter dated July 21, 2005 from Steven Glasson, President, Glasson Environmental Services, regarding application for Letter of Interpretation - Block 44, Lots 2.01 & 2.02 Bedminster Township - Lobell North LLC & Lobell South, LLC.
11. Letter dated August 2, 2005 from Stephen M. Risse, PE, Bayer-Risse Engineering, Inc., regarding application for Letter of Interpretation - Presence or Absence - Shabbecong, LLC, Block 48, Lot 10 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
12. Notice dated August 1, 2005 from John Peel, PP, PK Environmental Planning & Engineering, regarding Application for Letter of Interpretation - Michael Eng, Block 97, Lot 2 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
13. Notice from Public Service Electric & Gas regarding Filing and Public Hearings for proposed increase in BGSS Commodity Charges for Residential Gas Customers.
I. OLD BUSINESS:
J. NEW BUSINESS:
r 1. Viacom Outdoor - request for reimbursement of overpayment ($1,020.08).
r 2. Resolution authorizing Mayor to sign the agreement with the NJDOT for Readington Police Officers to direct traffic for a project on Mullen Road (as approved at the June 20th Committee meeting).
r 3. Postponement of Mortgage -
r 4. Application for Raffles License -
r 5. Application for Raffles License -
K. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER’S REPORT:
N. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Frank Gatti:
r a. Payment of the Bills.
2. Gerry Shamey:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
School Crossing Guards
3. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
4. Thomas Auriemma:
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.