READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
AUGUST 7, 2006
A. Mayor Shamey calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/East Whitehouse Fire Dept. Pumper Specifications
Contract Negotiations/Bedminster - Lamington Hospitality
Contract Negotiations/Hunting on Township Properties
Potential Litigation/Waste Management
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes
(June 13, 2006; June 28, 2006 & July 5, 2006 & July 17, 2006)
Contract Negotiations/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8; Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services:
CN Communications International, Inc.
Princeton Public Affairs Group, Inc.
Matthew Mulhall, M2 Associates
Hardin, Kundla, McKeon & Potello
Suplee, Clooney & Co.
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. Swearing in of Sergeant.
F. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk Ar@ are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
G. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meetings of June 28, 2006; July 11, 2006 &
July 17, 2006.
H. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:00 p.m.
1. Readington Wine & Spirits, LLC - Public Hearing for issuance of Plenary Retail Distribution Liquor License.
2. TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, STATE OF NEW JERSEY - AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 38 OF THE CODE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, PERTAINING TO THE OPEN SPACE ADVISORY BOARD CREATED BY TOWNSHIP ORDINANCE #06-2003
3. AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF AN EASEMENT DEDICATED ON A PORTION OF BLOCK 43, LOT 13 FOR DRAINAGE PURPOSES ON KOSCIUSZKO ROAD IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY FROM DAVID A. GILLIAM AND AURORA BIANCO GILLIAM, HIS WIFE AND ATTILIO BIANCO AND ASSUNTA BIANCO, HIS WIFE
4. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING THE ACQUISITION OF PROPERTY (BLOCK 63, LOTS 12 & 13, OWNER: ACCETTOLA) IN AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, APPROPRIATING $840,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $798,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
I. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Notice dated July 18, 2006 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director, NJ State League of Municipalities regarding CAP Exceptions.
2. Letter from Suzanne Lagay, President, Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce, regarding resolution supporting and endorsing the work of the Chamber of Commerce to coordinate and facilitate a shared services study in an effort to assist municipalities with saving taxpayers= dollars that can ultimately result in a reduction of property taxes.
3. Memorandum dated July 25, 2006 from Sharon L. Brienza, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Branchburg, regarding adoption of Ordinance #2006-1040 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by amending Section 4-8.10 entitled ATemporary Signs.@
4. Resolution from the Township of Lebanon urging the State of New Jersey to re-evaluate the allocation of the motor vehicle court fines so they are used for Law Enforcement Initiatives which would include the continuation of the State Police rural patrol services.
5. Notice dated July 18, 2006 from Dorothy L. Gooditis, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Raritan, regarding adoption of a Resolution opposing the elimination of the statewide Deer Recovery Program.
6. Notice from John R. Dusinberre, Esq., regarding hearing before the Tewksbury Twp. Planning Board - Toll Brothers Crossroads and Oldwick, Block 45, Lots 42 & 43.
7. Notice from Public Service Electric & Gas regarding Filing and Public Hearings for filing for an increase in the Statewide Electric & Gas Permanent Universal Service Fund Program Factors within the Electric & Gas Societal Benefit Charges Rates.
J. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Solberg Airport - update by Mayor Shamey.
2. Traffic Light Cycle - Route 22 & County Line Road Intersection.
3. Compass Construction, Inc./Bikeway & Pedestrian Walkway - Change Order.
K. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Letter of Resignation from Historic Preservation Commission - Michael Porubcan.
2. Recommendation for Appointment of member to Historic Preservation Commission.
3. Cerillo/Block 18, Lot 14 - request for lot line adjustment.
4. Stormwater Ordinance - introduction.
5. Amendment/Supplement to Volume II, Chapter 148 entitled ALand Development@ - Stormwater Management Elements definition - introduction.
6. Amendment/Supplement to Volume II, Chapter 148 entitled ALand Development@ - Floor Area Ratio/Lot Coverage/Net Lot Area definitions - introduction.
7. Stream Corridor Ordinance - introduction.
8. Place-to-Place Transfer - ASKJAC, LLC T/A The Foolish Fox Tavern.
9. CVS Pharmacy - request for release of Performance Bond.
10. Sena Builders, LLC - request for acceptance of bond.
r 11. Corrective Action Plan - 2005 Audit.
r 12. Increase in Municipal Court Change Fund - resolution.
r 13. Circelli Construction, Inc. - renovations to Eversole Hall House/payment #2.
r 14. Sletteland/Block 50, Lot 27 - request for release of escrow funds.
r 15. Ages/Block 45, Lot 26.03 - request for release of escrow funds.
r 16. Coddington Homes Company, Inc./Block 32, Lot 9 - request for release of escrow funds.
r 17. Stanton Holly Trail - application for raffles license.
r 18. American Red Cross of Central NJ - applications for raffles license.
L. ADMINISTRATOR=S REPORT:
M. ATTORNEY=S REPORT:
N. ENGINEER=S REPORT:
O. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
School Crossing Guards
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
4. Frank Gatti:
r a. Lien Redemption - resolutions.
r b. Payment of the Bills.
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
P. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
Q. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.