READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
JULY 17, 2006
A. Mayor Shamey calls the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Litigation/Chubb vs. Readington Twp. (Tax Appeal)
Contract Negotiations/Block 15, Lot 21 (DePoe)
Contract Negotiations/Block 56, Lot 5 & Block 55, Lot 34 (James)
Contract Negotiations/Dobozynski Farm Services & Occupancy Agreement
Contract Negotiations/ECHO Bid Package
Contract Negotiations/Rolling Meadows
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes (June 19, 2006)
Contract Negotiations/Block 48, Lot 23;
Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8;
Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
Litigation/Toll Bros., Inc. v. Township of Readington, et al
Docket No. SOM-L-618-04 (formerly Docket No. HNT-l-495-02):
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk Ar@ are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of July 5, 2006.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:00 p.m.
1. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE TOWNSHIP=S COST SHARE WITH THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON OF THE ACQUISITION OF PROPERTY (BLOCK 12.01, LOT 15, OWNER: EMMETT) IN AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, APPROPRIATING $150,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $142,500 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
2. AN AMENDMENT TO AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY PERTAINING TO FEES FOR COPIES OF PUBLIC RECORDS
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Notice dated July 13, 2006 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director, NJ State League of Municipalities regarding Mayors Wellness Campaign.
2. Memorandum dated June 30, 2005 from Lisa Burd, Acting Clerk, Borough of Bloomsbury, regarding adoption of the following:
$ Resolution urging Governor Corzine & the State Legislature to cut State spending and cut taxes to reduce property taxes in the State Budget for FY 2007.
$ Resolution opposing the elimination of the statewide Deer Recovery Program.
3. Memorandum dated July 11, 2006 from Sharon L. Brienza, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Branchburg, regarding public hearing of Ordinance #2006-1040 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by amending Section 4-8.10 entitled “Temporary Signs.”
4. Resolution from the Township of Lebanon opposing the elimination of the statewide Deer Recovery Program.
5. Notice dated July 5, 2006 from Dorothy L. Gooditis, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Raritan, regarding Public Hearing of Ordinance #06-31 - Amending Chapter 16 of the Land Development Code, to add Child Care Centers as a permitted use in Non-Residential Zoning.
6. Notice dated July 10, 2006 from Cheryl L. Silakoski, PE, CME, Heritage Consulting Engineers, regarding application for combined GP#20 and FHA Stream Encroachment Permit - Township of Readington, Block 9, Lot 21 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
7. Notices from Pivotal Utility Holdings, Inc., d/b/a Elizabethtown Gas Company, regarding petition to implement a Pipeline Replacement Program Tariff Rider.
8. Notice from Public Service Electric & Gas regarding Filing and Public Hearings for proposed decrease in BGSS Commodity Charges for Residential Gas Customers.
I. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Solberg Airport - update by Mayor Shamey.
J. NEW BUSINESS:
1. LOI Review Process – recommendation from Planning Board.
2. Leasing of Hunting Properties – recommendations from subcommittee.
3. Compass Construction, Inc./Bikeway & Pedestrian Walkway - Change Order.
4. Plainfield Area Humane Society
- request for permission to hold coin toss
(July 29th & 30th).
r 5. Amendment of ADA to
include Block 39, Lots 14, 14.01 & 49 (Peters) & Block
40, Lot 2 (Cuchiaro) - resolution.
r 6. Resolution Determining the Form
& Other Details of $10,000,000
General Improvement Bonds and Providing for their Sale.
r 7. Resolution Authorizing Execution
& Delivery of Loan Agreements by the
Township of Readington, New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust &
the State of New Jersey, and Authorizing the Execution an Escrow Agreement,
Pursuant to the 2004 New Jersey Environmental Infrastructure Trust
r 8. Jacobs-BBL - Partial Payment #11 for Three Bridges Pump Station project.
r 9. Acceptance of 2005 Report of Audit - resolution.
r 10. Jablonski/Block 95, Lot 8 - request for refund of electrical permit fee.
r 11. Postponement of Mortgage - 715 Well Sweep Road/Ritter
r 12. Application for Catering Permit - Bridgewater Marriott (July 30th).
r 13. Application for Social Affairs Permit - Women=s Health & Counseling Center
(September 16, 2006).
K. ADMINISTRATOR=S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY=S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER=S REPORT:
N. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
School Crossing Guards
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
4. Frank Gatti:
r a. Lien Redemption - resolution.
r b. Payment of the Bills.
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for June, 2006.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.