READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
JUNE 19, 2006
A. Mayor Shamey calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Personnel/Building, Grounds & Parks
Contract Negotiations/PBA - Lieutenant=s Contract
Contract Negotiations/Block 39, Lots 49 & 14.04 and Block 40, Lot 2 (Peters)
Contract Negotiations/Block 55, Lot 5.01 (Rolling Meadows)
Contract Negotiations/Block 65, Lot 7 (Orlando)
Contract Negotiations/Awarding of Maintenance & Repair Bids (Item #4 Core Stone)
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes (May 15, 2006 & June 5, 2006)
Contract Negotiations/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8; Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
Litigation/Mark Hartman & Wilmark Building Contractors, Inc. v. Twp. of Readington
Lackland and Lackland v. Twp. of Readington - Docket No. 02-2017 (SRC)
Litigation/Lackland and Lackland, v. Township of Readington
Docket No. 3:02-5597 (GEB)
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk Ar@ are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of June 5, 2006.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:00 p.m.
1. Readington Wine & Spirits, LLC - Public Hearing for issuance of Plenary Retail Distribution Liquor License.
2. AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF AN EASEMENT DEDICATED ON A PORTION OF BLOCK 13, LOT 19 FOR DRAINAGE PURPOSES ON OLD HIGHWAY ROUTE 28 IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY FROM JEFFREY R. ALIX AND CATHERINE A. ALIX
3. AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE CONVEYANCE OF AN AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS EASEMENT ON PROPERTY KNOWN AS BLOCK 57, LOT 13.01 TO THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON FOR FARMLAND PRESERVATION
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Letter dated June 8, 2006 from Cynthia J. Yard, Hunterdon County Administrator, regarding remembrance of the 5th Anniversary of September 11, 2001.
2. Memorandum dated June 13, 2006 from Sharon L. Brienza, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Branchburg, regarding introduction of the following:
$ Ordinance #2006-1033 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by providing design standards for non-residential development.
$ Ordinance #2006-1034 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by changing density and review requirements in the VR Village Residential District (Neshanic Station) and the NBH North Branch Hamlet Zone.
$ Ordinance #2006-1035 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by revising the bulk standards in the R/S-1 Retail Service Zone, removing automobile service stations as a conditional use in the R/S-1 Retail Service Zone and revising the conditional use standards for automobile service stations.
3. Notice regarding hearing before the Branchburg Township Zoning Board of Adjustment - Dousa, Block 16, Lot 1.03.
4. Notice from Franklin Township regarding adoption of a Resolution urging the State of New Jersey to re-evaluate the allocation of the motor vehicle court fines so they are used for Law Enforcement Initiatives which would include the continuation of the State Police rural patrol services.
5. Notice from Franklin Township regarding adoption of a Resolution encouraging the State of New Jersey to continue the statewide Deer Recovery Program.
6. Letter dated June 2, 2006 from Michael J. Filippone, Director, Rates & Regulatory Affairs-NJ, regarding JCP&L=s proposed Non-Utility Generation Rate Increase.
7. Letter dated May 15, 2006 from Gary W. Dean, PE regarding application for Major Access Permit - The Learning Experience, Block 22, Lot 5 (entire file available for review in the Clerk=s Office).
8. Letter dated June 6, 2006 from Dennis Stainken, PhD, ESA, PWS, Princeton-Somerset Group, Inc., regarding Letter of Interpretation Extension & GP #2 Permit Extension - Elizabethtown Water Company, Block 4, Lot 42 (entire file available for review in the Clerk=s Office).
9. Letter dated May 31, 2006 from Edward A. Kuc, Principal Ecologist, Eastern States Environmental Associates, Inc. regarding application for Letter of Interpretation - Stanton Manor Associates, LLC, Block 61, Lot 5 (entire file available for review in the Clerk=s Office).
10. Letter dated June 13, 2006 from John Peel, PP, PK Environmental Planning & Engineering, regarding Application for NJDEP Transition Area Waiver Averaging Plan - Christopher Emmett (Emmett & Company), Block 12.01, Lot 14.01 (entire file available for review in the Clerk=s Office).
I. OLD BUSINESS:
1. New Jersey Transit - installation of new utility pole by JCP&L.
2. Solberg Airport - update by Mayor Shamey.
J. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Letter of resignation from Ron Armellino, Readington Twp. Recreation Committee.
2. Request for permission to place banner on Route 523 - HMC.
3. Bond Ordinance/Block 12.01, Lot 15 (Emmett) - introduction.
4. Amendment to Ordinance #34-2002/Fees for Copies of Public Records - consideration.
5. Stowaway Self Storage/Block 39, Lots 62 & 64 - request for release of Performance Bond.
r 6. Resolution making application to the Local Finance Board for financing from the NJ Environmental Infrastructure Financing Program.
r 7. Resolution Declaring Official Intent to Reimburse Expenditures for Project Costs from the Proceeds of Debt Obligations in Connection with Participation in the 2006 NJ Environmental Infrastructure Trust Financing Program.
r 8. Application for Domestic Violence Training Project Grant/$6,730 - resolution.
r 9. Liquor License Renewals - resolution.
r 10. Dedication By Rider - resolution.
r11. 2006 Cooperative Resurfacing & Surface Treatment Program - resolution
r12. Resolution Authorizing State Contract Purchase.
r13. Jacobs-BBL - Partial Payment #10 for Three Bridges Pump Station project.
r14. Fiddler=s Elbow Country Club - request for permission to hold fireworks display at their Independence Day Celebration (July 4, 2006).
r15. Ryan Homes/Block 64, Lots 8.05, 8.11, 8.12, 8.13, 8.15 & 8.16 - release of driveway bonds.
r16. Patel/Block 38, Lot 38.19 - request for return of unused Board of Health witness fees.
r17 . Application for Catering Permit - Growth Restaurants, Inc. (July 28th - 30th).
r18. Application for Membership in NJ Firemen=s Association - Kevin M. Krill.
r19. Application for Blue Light Permit - Gerald Neumann.
r20. Application for Raffles Licenses - The ARC of Hunterdon County.
K. ADMINISTRATOR=S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY=S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER=S REPORT:
N. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
School Crossing Guards
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
4. Frank Gatti:
r a. Lien Redemption - resolution.
r b. Tax Refund - resolutions.
r c. Payment of the Bills.
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for May, 2006.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.