READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
APRIL 17, 2006
A. Mayor Shamey calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Personnel/Police Department/Sergeant=s Promotion
Contract Negotiations/PBA - Lieutenant=s Contract
Contract Negotiations/Block 56, Lot 5 & Block 55, Lot 34 (James)
Contract Negotiations/Block 96, Lot 18 (D=Urso)
Contract Negotiations/Block 74, Lot 27 (Chesla)
Contract Negotiations/Block 63, Lot 45 (Holman)
Contract Negotiations/Stanton Properties
Contract Negotiations/Dobozynski Apartment Rental
Contract Negotiations/ Awarding of Three Bridges Pump Station Upgrade Bid
Contract Negotiations/ Awarding of New Self-propelled, Track Driven Asphalt Paver
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes (March 20, 2006 & April 3, 2006)
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services: WordWorks - Newsletter Services
Contract Negotiations/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8; Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk Ar@ are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of April 3, 2006.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:00 p.m.
1. AN ORDINANCE AMENDING SECTION 43-90 ENTITLED AFIREARMS@ OF ARTICLE III, ARULES AND REGULATIONS@, OF CHAPTER 43 OF THE CODE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON PERTAINING TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT
2. AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF CERTAIN ROADWAYS WITHIN THE RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT KNOWN AS STANTON RIDGE IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY FROM STANTON PROPERTIES, II, A NEW JERSEY GENERAL PARTNERSHIP
3. AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE CONVEYANCE OF AN AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS EASEMENT ON PROPERTY KNOWN AS BLOCK 96, LOT 18 TO THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON FOR FARMLAND PRESERVATION
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Notice dated April 12, 2006 from Suzanne Walczak, Secretary, Branchburg Township Planning Board, regarding public hearing regarding the 2006 Branchburg Township Planning Board Master Plan Draft Report.
2. Resolution from the Town of Clinton expressing support for Readington Township=s efforts to petition the NJDEP to change the surface water classification of the North Branch of the Rockaway Creek to Category One.
I. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Solberg Airport - update by Mayor Shamey.
J. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Open Space Preservation Funding Opportunities - discussion.
2. Museum Committee - appointment of new member.
3. 2006 Budget - introduction.
4. Vare/Block 25, Lot 43.09 - request for permission to direct water discharge to detention basin.
5. Saunders Legatees, LLC/Victory Lane Car Wash - request for release of Performance Bond.
6. Readington Trail Association - request for permission to use Township Land for Fund-Raising Event on June 18, 2006.
r 7. Older Americans Month (May, 2006) - Proclamation.
r 8. Postponement of Mortgage - Cain/416 Well Sweep Road.
r 9. Ryan Homes/Block 64, Lot 8.13 - request for return of unused escrow funds.
r10. Application for Raffles License - Friends of Anderson House, Inc.
r11. Application for Raffles License - Whitehouse First Aid & Rescue Squad.
K. ADMINISTRATOR=S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY=S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER=S REPORT:
N. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
School Crossing Guards
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
4. Frank Gatti:
r a. Payment of the Bills.
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for March, 2006.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.