READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
FEBRUARY 21, 2006
A. Mayor Shamey calls the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/Block 96, Lot 2 (Triple D, LLC)
Contract Negotiations/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services:
McManimon & Scotland, LLC., Bond Attorney
Martin Allen, Esq., Tax Attorney
Patrick Clare, Esq., Public Defender
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk Ar@ are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meetings of January 17, 2006 & January 30, 2006.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
1. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR ACQUISITION OF AIRPORT AND LAND OR INTEREST IN LAND FOR PRESERVATION (BLOCK 48, LOT 23; BLOCK 55, LOT 33; BLOCK 56, LOTS 1, 3, 6, & 8, BLOCK 39, LOT 24 AND BLOCK 67, LOT 2, OWNER: SOLBERG AVIATION/ HROMOHO), IN AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, APPROPRIATING $22,000,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $21,700,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
2. AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF A STREAM
CORRIDOR PROTECTION EASEMENT AND A RIGHT-OF-WAY EASEMENT FOR ROADWAY PURPOSES FROM MARY T. LEE, BLOCK 12, LOT 12 AND NEW LOT 12.02, IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY
3. AN ORDINANCE TO PROVIDE FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF AN EASEMENT DEDICATED ON A PORTION OF BLOCK 94, LOT 6 FOR DRAINAGE PURPOSES ON LAZY BROOK ROAD IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY FROM JOANNE MAIMOME
4. AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE CONVEYANCE OF A FEE SIMPLE INTEREST IN PROPERTY KNOWN AS BLOCK 15, LOTS 5, 27 AND 29 TO THE NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION UNDER THE GREEN ACRES PROGRAM
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Memorandum dated December 15, 2005 from Denise B. Doolan, Clerk, Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders, regarding adoption of a Resolution mandating that the National Incident Management System (NIMS) be utilized for all incident management in Hunterdon County.
2. Letter dated February 6, 2006 from Dennis Contios, Application Support Unit, Land Use Regulation Program, NJDEP, regarding Stream Encroachment Permit Rejection - S. Branch Rockaway Creek/Readington Township.
3. Notice dated January 31, 2006 from Edward A. Kuc, Principal Ecologist, Eastern States Environmental Associates, Inc. regarding Letter of Interpretation application - TC&D Builders, Inc., Block 97, Lot 4 Readington Township; Block 80, Lot 5 Branchburg Township (entire file available for review in the Clerk=s Office).
I. OLD BUSINESS:
J. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance authorizing the conveyance of an agricultural development rights easement to Hunterdon County for Farmland Preservation/Block 96, Lot 2 (Triple D, LLC) – introduction.
r 2. Intercounty Paving Associates, LLC/2005 Road Reclamation - acceptance of Maintenance Bond.
r 3. Intercounty Paving Associates, Inc./Road Reclamation Project - Final Payment #3.
K. ADMINISTRATOR=S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY=S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER=S REPORT:
M. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
School Crossing Guards
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
4. Frank Gatti:
r a. Payment of the Bills.
r a. Police Department Summary - December, 2005
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for January, 2006.
N. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.