READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
FEBRUARY 4, 2008
A. Mayor Auriemma calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/Hunterdon County
Contract Negotiations/Block 75, Lot 33 (Hanna Saqa)
Contract Negotiations/Block 46, Lot 20 (Wachendorf)
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services
JWS Computers – Computer & Printer Maintenance
Francis X. Hermes, Esq., - Public Defender
Scott C. Mitzner, Esq. – Alternate Public Defender
Princeton Hydro – General Environmental Consulting Services
Richard P. Cushing, Esq. - Special Litigation Services
Purcell, Ries, Shannon, Mulcahy & O’Neill - Special Litigation Services
Litigation/Waste Management of New Jersey v. Readington Twp. Board of Adjustment
Litigation/Joanzee LLC v. Twp. of Readington, et al.
Litigation/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8;
Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “ß” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be removed from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. ß APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of January 22, 2008.
G. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Letter dated January 22, 2008 from Mary Ann D’Andrade regarding dangerous intersection at Pulaski, Kosciusko & School Roads.
2. Letter dated January 24, 2008 from Sue Dziamara, Director, Hunterdon County Planning Board, regarding update to the County Transportation Plan.
3. Letter dated January 25, 2008 from Sue Dziamara, Director, Hunterdon County Planning Board, regarding invitation to participate on the Steering & Stakeholder Committees for the “Route 202 Corridor Assessment and Multimodal Mobility Plan Study.”
4. Notice dated January 29, 2008 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director,
NJ State League of Municipalities regarding opposition to A-816 (Municipal Prosecutor Mandates) and A-786 (Paid Family Leave).
5. Memorandum dated January 24, 2008 from Roberta Brassard, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Tewksbury, regarding public hearing of an Ordinance to Amend an Ordinance Whose Short Title is “Tewksbury Township Development Regulations Ordinance (2000).”
6. Letter dated January 25, 2008 from H. Clay McEldowney regarding application for Special Activity Transition Area Waiver for Redevelopment of Parking Area (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
7. Letter dated January 25, 2008 from Virginia Kop’ Kash, Manager, Division of Land Use Regulation, regarding Authorization for Freshwater Wetlands Statewide General Permit No. 1 - Block 64, Lot 51 (Boglioli)
8. Letter dated January 15, 2008 from Andrew Gale, Supervisor, General Permit Unit, Division of Land Use Regulation, regarding Freshwater Wetlands Statewide General Permit No. 10 – Block 12.01, Lot 14.02 (Emmett).
9. Letter dated January 15, 2008 from Kenneth J. Kloo, Administrator, Office of Brownfield Reuse, NJDEP, regarding Area of Concern – one (1) 550 Gallon #2 Heating Oil Underground Storage Tank – Block 53, Lot 9.06
10. Letter dated October 31, 2007 from Edward A. Kuc, Principal Ecologist, regarding Block 32, Lot 12 & Block 34, Lots 10 & 11 (Fallone Properties, LLC) establishing where regulated wetlands (if any) are found on the property (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
11. Letter dated January 17, 2008 from Ericka Naklicki, Staff Environmental Scientist, regarding application for Freshwater Wetlands Letter of Interpretation/Line Verification (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
H. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Solberg Airport – update.
2. Spring Meadows Estates – request for reduction of Performance Bond.
I. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Readington Board of Education’s Capital Improvement Referendum – presentation.
2. Adoption of New Jersey Housing Code – discussion.
3. Ordinance to Exceed the Municipal Budget Cost of Living Allowance and to
Establish a CAP Bank when the COLA is Equal to or Less than 3.5% - introduction.
ß 4. Ferruggia Associates, LLC/Block 1.01, Lots 1.05 & 1.06 - request for release of unused escrow funds ($4,137.54).
ß 5. Vacation Carryover - Resolution.
ß 6. Awarding of Bond Anticipation Notes.
ß 7. Application for Membership in NJ Firemen’s Association – Andrew G. Camp.
ß 8. Application for Membership in NJ Firemen’s Association – John Bulick.
ß 9. Application for Membership in NJ Firemen’s Association – Alfred T. Maguire.
ß 10. Application for Membership in NJ Firemen’s Association – Jesse E. Engesser.
J. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT:
K. ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
L. ENGINEER’S REPORT:
M. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Frank Gatti:
ß a. Lien Redemptions – resolutions.
ß b. Payment of the Bills.
4. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
5. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
School Crossing Guards
N. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.