READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
JANUARY 22, 2008
A. Mayor Auriemma calls the meeting to order at 5:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/Block 20, Lot 11 (Csepi)
Contract Negotiations/Block 75, Lot 33 (Hanna Saqa)
Contract Negotiations/Block 66, Lot 2 (Readington Twp.)
Potential Litigation/Attorney-Client Privilege
Potential Litigation/PSE&G Vegetation Management
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes (Jan. 7, 2008 & Jan. 15, 2008)
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services
McManimon & Scotland – Bond Attorney Services
Parker, McCay & Criscuolo, PA – Special Litigation Services
Litigation/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8;
Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. PRESENTATION OF PLAQUE TO CROSSING GUARD MARION ESPOSITO.
F. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “ß” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be removed from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
G. ß APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meetings of Dec. 17, 2007, Dec. 27, 2007 & Jan.7, 2008.
H. PUBLIC HEARING - 8:00 p.m.
1. AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE CONVEYANCE OF AN AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS EASEMENT ON PROPERTY KNOWN AS BLOCK 65, LOTS 12 AND 12.01 TO THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON FOR FARMLAND PRESERVATION
I. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Letter dated December 28, 2007 from Freeholder Director George D. Muller regarding FEMA funding program for Pre-Disaster Mitigation Planning.
2. Notice dated January 8, 2008 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director,
NJ State League of Municipalities regarding the following:
· S-176 Expands survivor recovery in the event of wrongful death;
· A-4393 Requires certain public contract bid advertisements to contain certified cost estimates or estimate ranges of project contract costs & specifies grounds for rejection of bids;
· A-3153 Provides certain law enforcement officers cannot be suspended without pay for more than 120 days;
· A-1886 Recycling Enhancement Act;
· A-4559 Authorizes DEP to sell, exchange, retire, assign, allocate or auction allowances from greenhouse gas emissions;
· A-500 The School Funding Reform Act of 2008
3. Letter dated January 3, 3008 from Thomas Auffenorde, Assistant Vice President,
EcolSciences, Inc., regarding Application for Letter of Interpretation/Line Verification Merck & Co., Inc., Block 4, Lots 47, 48, 49, 50, 96, 98, 99, 100, 102, 103, 104 & 112 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
J. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Solberg Airport – update.
2. Train Horn Rules/Quiet Zone.
3. Summer Road Park/Additional Field – proposal.
K. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Hunterdon County Health Department – presentation by Director John Beckley.
2. Black River & Western Railroad – request for resolution endorsing track
3. No Parking or Standing on Lightfield Road – discussion.
4. Amendment to Section 148-50 of Land Development Ordinance/mandatory language to be included in conservation easement – introduction.
5. Stanton Ridge – acceptance of certain roadways.
6. Rolling Meadows – request for reduction of Performance Bond.
7. Spring Meadows Estates – request for reduction of Performance Bond.
ß 8. Pincus/Block 63, Lot 53.05 - request for release of unused escrow funds ($1,111.72).
L. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT:
M. ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
N. ENGINEER’S REPORT:
O. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Frank Gatti:
ß a. Payment of the Bills.
4. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
5. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
School Crossing Guards
ß a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for December, 2007.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
Q. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.