READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
JANUARY 16, 2007
A. Mayor Shamey calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/Local 469 - White Collar Contract
Contract Negotiations/Block 63, Lot 13 (Accettola)
Contract Negotiations/Block 69, Lot 12 (American Classics, LLC - Developer’s Agt.)
Contract Negotiations/Block 65, Lots 12 & 12.01 (Little)
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services
AEIS - Inspection of Lake Cushetunk Dam
Sharon A. Dragan, Esq. – Twp. Attorney
Suplee, Clooney & Company - Municipal Auditor Services
McManimon & Scotland – Bond Attorneys
Martin Allen, Esq. – Tax Attorney
Fisher & Phillips, LLP – Labor Attorney
Hatch, Mott, MacDonald – Expert Services
Princeton Hydro, LLC – General Environmental Consulting Services
ClarkegCatongHintz – Professional Planning & Landscape Architectural Services
JWS Computers – Computer Maintenance
Key-Tech – Construction Inspection & Materials Services
Mason, Griffin & Pierson
Gebhardt & Kiefer, PC
Litigation/Lamington Hospitality, LLC.
Litigation/Waste Management v. Readington Township
Litigation/Wilmark Building Contractors, Inc. vs. Township of Readington Board of
Adjustment, Township of Readington, John Doe and Mary Roe
Litigation/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8; Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “r” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be removed from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meetings of December 18, 2006; December 28, 2006 & January 2, 2007.
G. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Notice dated December 21, 2006 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director, NJ State League of Municipalities regarding opposition to A-3857 – Regional Contribution Agreements.
2. Notice dated January 3, 2007 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director, NJ State League of Municipalities regarding opposition to A-2 which would establish an independent Office of the State Comptroller & opposition to the new property tax levy cap.
3. Notice from Drinker, Biddle & Reath, LLP regarding Public Hearing before the Twp. of Bedminster Planning Board - Lobell North, LLC, Block 44, Lots 2.01 & 2.01, Bedminster Township (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
4. Notice dated December 14, 2006 from Donna J. Burham, Acting Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding adoption of the following:
· Ordinance #917-06 Correcting the Zoning Map to make it consistent with the Clinton Township Master Plan.
· Ordinance #918-06 Supplementing & Amending Article XXII, “AH-3 Affordable Housing,” of Chapter 165 entitled “Land Use Regulations,” (Increasing the Affordable Housing Development Fees for Residential Projects).
5. Letter dated January 5, 2007 from C. Larry Tatsch, Mayor, Twp. of East Amwell,
regarding Farm Laborer Quarters.
6. Letter dated December 15, 2006 from Robert P. Koska, Director, New Jersey Transit, regarding 2073 FTA Section 5310 Grant Notification.
7. Notice dated December 12, 2006 from Sandra Kehrley, PE, PK Environmental Planning & Engineering, regarding submission to NJDEP for Minor Stream – Mill Brook Farm, Block 1, Lots 1 & 1.02 (Raritan Twp.) and Block 33, Lot 2 (Franklin Twp.).
8. Letter dated December 8, 2006 from Edward A. Kuc, Principal Ecologist, Eastern States Environmental Associates, Inc. regarding application for Letter of Interpretation - Spillane, Block 55, Lot 21 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
H. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Solberg Airport - update by Mayor Shamey.
2. Country Classics Legacy at Readington – recommendation for street name.
I. NEW BUSINESS:
1 Letter of Resignation from RLSA – Kathy Tilton.
2. Stanton Ridge Homeowners’ Association – sale of wastewater treatment plant to Aqua New Jersey.
3. Amendment to Ordinance Pertaining to Fees For Copies of Public Records – introduction.
4. Block 36, Lots 9 & 27 (Cook)/Ordinance – introduction.
5. Bikeway/Pedestrian Walkway – request to use performance bond as maintenance bond.
r 6. Green Brook Racing, LLC - request for permission to hold a sprint and Olympic distance triathlon on Sunday, September 9, 2007.
r 7. Vacation Carryover - Resolution.
r 8. Jacobs/Block 38, Lot 81 - request for release of unused Board of Health escrow funds.
r 9. Application for Social Affair Permit – Friends of the Shelter.
r 10. Application for Membership in NJ Firemen’s Association – Jacob Chavarria.
r 11. Application for Membership in NJ Firemen’s Association – Paul D. Hutchins.
r 12. Application for Blue Light Permit – Henry R. Lee.
r 13. Application for Blue Light Permit – Joe Bishop.
r 14. Application for Blue Light Permit – Ron Anastasi.
r 15. Application for Blue Light Permit – Brian J. Apgar.
J. ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT:
K. ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
L. ENGINEER’S REPORT:
M. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
School Crossing Guards
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
4. Frank Gatti:
ra. Payment of the Bills.
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for December, 2006.
N. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.