MAY 2, 2005
A. Mayor Gatti calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/Amendment to Green Acres Project Agreement #1022-96-066
Contract Negotiations/Awarding of Live Scan Fingerprint System Bid
Litigation - Mark Hartman & Wilmark Building Contractors, Inc. v. Twp. of Readington
Docket No. 02-2017 (MLC)
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services:
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
D. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “r” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of April 18, 2005.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:00 p.m.
1. Continuation of Public Hearing -
ORDINANCE AMENDING AND SUPPLEMENTING THE READINGTON TOWNSHIP 2004 SALARY AND
WAGE ORDINANCE, FOR OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES OF
2. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE ACQUISITION OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS EASEMENT (BLOCK 57, LOT 13.01, OWNER: STAATS), IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, APPROPRIATING $960,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $912,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
3. AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND ARTICLE XI ENTITLED “FEES, GUARANTIES, INSPECTIONS AND OFF-TRACT IMPROVEMENTS” OF CHAPTER 148 TO CLARIFY THE APPLICABILITY OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING FEES FOR RESIDENTIAL AND NONRESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT RULES OF THE COUNCIL ON AFFORDABLE HOUSING
4. AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND CHAPTER 66 OF THE CODE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY, CONCERNING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Letter dated April 20, 2005 from Alex DeCroce, Assembly Republican Leader, requesting that the Committee adopt a resolution regarding the Blueprint for Property Tax Reform.
2. Memorandum dated April 26, 2005 from Sharon L. Brienza, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Branchburg, regarding adoption of Ordinance #2005-979 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by amending Article VII of the Provisions of Enforcement.”
3. Notice dated April 14, 2005 from Gail W. McKane, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding adoption of Ordinance #882-05 Supplementing & Amending Chapter 165 entitled “Land Use Regulations,” adopting revised checklists.
4. Notice dated April 14, 2005 from Gail W. McKane, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding adoption of Ordinance #881-05 Supplementing & Amending Chapter 165 entitled “Land Use Regulations,” amending the definitions of setbacks.
5. Notice dated April 12, 2005 from
Darlene Reed, Planning Board Clerk, Hillsborough Township Planning Board,
regarding adoption of the
6. Resolution from the
7. Resolution from the
8. Resolution from the
9. Notice from Lloyd H. Tubman, Esq.,
regarding hearing before the Readington Twp. Planning Board -
dated April 5, 2005 from Lou Cattuna, Section Chief,
Bureau of Inland Regulation, NJDEP regarding NJDEP Freshwater Wetlands
Letter of Interpretation/Line Verification - Anthony Malinowski,
11. Letter dated April 12, 2005 from Lou Cattuna, Section Chief, Bureau of Inland Regulation, NJDEP regarding Freshwater Wetlands Emergency Permit - Olga Boglioli, Block 64, Lot 51 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
I. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance regarding conduct at sporting events - consideration.
3. Wilmark Building Contractors, Inc.- request for release of Performance/Cash Bonds.
4. Dynasty Construction/Block 66,
r 5. Jacobs-BBL - Budget Adjustment Request.
J. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Environmental Commission - 2005 Environmental Services Program Matching Grant - resolution.
2. Readington Trail Association - request for
permission to use
3. Ordinance establishing a Recreation Committee - introduction.
4. Bond Ordinance/Block 15,
5. Treatment Works Approval Application - Block 36, Lots 93, 94 & 95 (Country Classics, Inc.).
6. Recycling Tonnage Grant - resolution.
r 8. Holman/Block
r 9. Vines, LLC - DeStefano/Block 39,
r13. Application for Social Affair Permit - Polish American Citizens Club.
r14. Application for Blue Light Permit - Stephanie Becker.
r15. Application for Raffles License - Friends of Anderson House, Inc.
J. ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT:
K. ATTORNEY'S REPORT:
L. ENGINEER'S REPORT:
M. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Frank Gatti:
r a. Tax Cancellations - resolutions.
r b. Payment of the Bills.
2. Gerry Shamey:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
School Crossing Guards
3. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
4. Thomas Auriemma:
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for March, 2005.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.