MARCH 21, 2005
A. Mayor Gatti calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/Block 36, Lots 9 & 27 (Cook)
Contract Negotiations/Block 80, Lots 1 & 2 (Illva Saronno)
Contract Negotiations/Block 65, Lots 12 & 12.01 (Little)
Contract Negotiations/Block 98,
Contract Negotiations/Mutual Aid Firefighters Agreement
Litigation/Wilmark Building Contractors, Inc. v. Readington Township Planning Board and Readington Township, Township of Readington Board of Adjustment Docket No. HNT-L-132-03
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services:
Edwards & Kelcey
Richard B. Reading Assoc.
Princeton Public Affairs Group
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “r” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be removed from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of March 7, 2005.
G. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Memorandum dated February 28, 2005 from
Caroline Armstrong, Director, Hunterdon County Planning Board, regarding invitation
to serve on the
2. Memorandum dated March 15, 2005 from Sharon L. Brienza, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Branchburg, regarding public hearing of Ordinance #2005-979 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by amending Article VII of the Provisions of Enforcement.”
3. Resolution from the Town of
dated March 3, 2005 from Rebecca E. D’Alleinne,
Planning Board Administrator regarding public hearing of the 2005
5. Notice dated March 9, 2005 from James
Humphries, Planner, Twp. of Raritan, regarding public hearing of proposed
amendment to the
6. Notice dated March 8, 2005 from Rose Sollena, Deputy Twp. Clerk, Twp. of Raritan, regarding adoption of the following:
• Resolution #05-57 expressing support for Assembly Bill A-1835 & Senate Bill
S-1023 which requires the state to reimburse municipalities for the reimbursement & payment of property taxes that disabled veterans are exempt from.
• Resolution #05-58 in support of A-860 requiring school districts to provide transportation to public & non-public schools for students living along hazardous routes.
7. Notice dated February 25, 2005 from Barbara Nyitrai, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of South Brunswick, regarding adoption of the following:
• Resolution objecting to the Federal Government’s cuts to Community Development Block Grant Funds.
urging the State of
from McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP,
regarding hearing before the
9. Letter dated March 3, 2005 from Lou Cattuna, Section Chief, Bureau of Inland Regulation, NJDEP regarding NJDEP Freshwater Wetlands Letter of Interpretation/ Line Verification - Emmett & Company, Block 12.01, Lots 14.01 & 15 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
10. Letter dated February 25, 2005 from Lou Cattuna, Section Chief, Bureau of Inland Regulation, NJDEP regarding NJDEP Freshwater Wetlands Letter of Interpretation/ Line Verification - Platinum Builders/Henry Lewis, Block 96, Lot 24 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
11. Letter dated March 7, 2005 from James R. Frace, regarding request for a Letter of Interpretation - Renda, Block 38, Lots 54, 74 & 75 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
12. Letter dated March 9, 2005 from Amy S. Greene, President, Amy S. Greene Environmental Consultants, Inc. regarding Application for NJDEP Presence/Absence Letter of Interpretation, Oak Developers, LLC, Block 22, Lot 66 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
H. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance regarding conduct at sporting events - consideration.
I. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Bus Trip for WWII Veterans from Hunterdon & Warren Counties - request for donation.
2. Whitehouse Village District - nomination for National Register of Historic Places.
Studios - request for permission to film in various locations in
4. COAH Plan/Round III - discussion.
5. 2005 Salary Ordinance - introduction.
6. Ordinance to provide for
acceptance of a portion of Block 39,
r 7. Readington Township Museums - Grant Application.
r 8. Postponement of Mortgage -
r 9. 2004 Budget Appropriation Reserve Transfers - resolution.
r10. Request from the American Legion Auxiliary for permission to hold annual poppy sale (May 1st to May 31st).
r11. Or Chadash
r12. Application for Membership in NJ Firemen’s Association - Michael B. Kloos.
r13. Application for Blue Light Permit - Matthew Hoffman.
J. ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT:
K. ATTORNEY'S REPORT:
L. ENGINEER'S REPORT:
M. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Frank Gatti:
r a. Lien Redemption - resolution.
r b. Payment of the Bills.
2. Gerry Shamey:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
School Crossing Guards
3. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
4. Thomas Auriemma:
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for February, 2005.
N. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.