MARCH 7, 2005
A. Mayor Gatti calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Personnel/Buildings, Grounds & Parks
Litigation/Toll Brothers, Inc. vs.
Docket No. SOM-L-618-04 (formerly HNT-L-495-02)
and Lackland, et als. v.
HNT-L-344-03P.W. (formerly HNT-L-81-99 and SOM-L-1466-00PW)
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services:
Collier, Jacob & Mills
McKirdy & Riskin
McNeely Vance & Co.
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “r” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be removed from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meeting of February 22, 2005.
G. PUBLIC HEARINGS - 8:00 p.m.
1. BOND ORDINANCE OF AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, PROVIDING FOR THE FUNDING OF CERTAIN REGIONAL CONTRIBUTION AGREEMENTS BETWEEN THE TOWNSHIP AND THE BOROUGHS OF BOUND BROOK AND MANVILLE AS APPROVED BY THE NEW JERSEY COUNCIL ON AFFORDABLE HOUSING APPROPRIATING $280,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $266,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
2. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE ACQUISITION OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS (BLOCK 96, LOT 2, OWNER: TRIPLE D, LLC), IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, APPROPRIATING $925,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $878,750 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
3. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING FOR THE ACQUISITION OF DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS (BLOCK 72, LOT 5.02, OWNER: BARTLES), IN THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY, APPROPRIATING $50,000 THEREFOR AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $47,500 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP TO FINANCE PART OF THE COST THEREOF
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Memorandum dated February 16, 2005 from Denise B. Doolan, Clerk, Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders, regarding recommendations for volunteers to serve on the Hunterdon County Open Space Advisory Board.
2. Memorandum dated February 23, 2005 from Denise B. Doolan, Clerk, Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders, regarding adoption of a Resolution urging the New Jersey State Legislature to adopt ACR-218, a resolution that calls on the Legislature to, within seven days of enactment, convene for a special session to consider ways to implement property tax relief and reform.
3. Memorandum dated February 24, 2005 from Denise B. Doolan, Clerk, Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders, regarding adoption of a Resolution expressing opposition to A-3529 and supporting the referral of A-529 to the Pension & Health Benefits Commission for further fiscal analysis.
4. Notice dated February 16, 2005 from Dorothy D. Wilkie, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Bedminster, regarding adoption of Ordinance #05-04 - Amending Subsection 13-904 entitled “Affordable Housing Development Fees” of Chapter XIII Entitled “Land Management” of the revised General Ordinances of the Township of Bedminster.
5. Notice dated February 24, 2005 from Gail W. McKane, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding public hearing of Ordinance #882-05 Supplementing & Amending Chapter 165 entitled “Land Use Regulations,” adopting revised checklists.
6. Notice dated February 24, 2005 from Gail W. McKane, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Clinton, regarding public hearing of Ordinance #881-05 Supplementing & Amending Chapter 165 entitled “Land Use Regulations,” amending the definitions of setbacks.
7. Notice dated February 16, 2005 from
Roberta A. Brassard, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Tewksbury, regarding public
hearing of Ordinance #06-2005 - An Ordinance to Amend an Ordinance whose
short title is “
8. Letter dated February 25, 2005 from Shana L. Crane, Land Use Administrator, Tewksbury Twp. regarding public hearing of the Municipal Stormwater Management Plan Element of the Master Plan.
9. Letter dated February 25, 2005 from Hue Quan, Paulus, Sokolowski & Sartor, LLC. regarding application for Freshwater Wetlands General Permit - JCP&L (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
I. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance regarding conduct at sporting events - consideration.
2. Wildlife Habitat Incentive
Program - Block 21, Lot 30 & Block 66,
3. Resolution Authorizing Public Sale of New Plenary Retail Distribution Liquor License.
J. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Ordinance to Exceed the Municipal Budget Cost of Living Allowance and to Establish a CAP Bank when the COLA is Equal to or Less than 2.5% - introduction.
2. 2005 Budget - introduction.
3. 2005 Surface Treatment Program - Municipal Participation.
4. Dynasty Construction/Block 66,
r 5. Kramer/Block
r 6. Somerset
Wheelmen - request for permission to use a portion of
r 7. Application for Social Affair Permit - Polish American Citizens Club.
K. ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY'S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER'S REPORT:
N. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Frank Gatti:
r a. Tax Refund - resolutions.
r b. Lien Redemption - resolution.
r c. Payment of the Bills.
2. Gerry Shamey:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
School Crossing Guards
3. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
4. Thomas Auriemma:
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for January, 2005.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.