READINGTON TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE AGENDA
MARCH 6, 2006
A. Mayor Shamey calls the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/PBA - Lieutenants
Contract Negotiations/Block 63, Lots 11, 12 & 13 (Accettola)
Contract Negotiations/Block 20, Lot 11 (Csepi)
Contract Negotiations/Block 62, Lot 1 (Jackson)
Contract Negotiations/Block 13, Lot 62 (Readington Twp.)
Contract Negotiations/Block 55, Lot 7.01 (Rolling Meadows of Readington, LLC.)
Contract Negotiations/Fallone at Spring Meadows, LLC.
Contract Negotiations/Block 80, Lots 1 & 2 (Readington Twp.)
Contract Negotiations/Maintenance Agreement – Block 63, Lots 19 & 24
Contract Negotiations/Awarding of Tandem Drum Vibratory Roller Bid
Litigation/Strobel & Luckstone vs. Readington Twp. et al.
Litigation/Hrynyk v. Greco, Insabella, Readington Twp., et al.
Litigation/Thomas J. Wachendorf v. Readington Township Police Officers
Christopher DeWire, Scott Crater, Readington Township, Readington
Township Police Department and John Does 1-10
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services: Valerie Kimson Bollheimer, Esq.
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes (Jan. 30, 2006 & Feb. 6, 2006)
Contract Negotiations/Block 48, Lot 23; Block 55, Lot 33; Block 56, Lots 1, 3, 6, & 8, Block 39, Lot 24 and Block 67, Lot 2 (Solberg Aviation/Hromoho)
Potential Litigation/Attorney-Client Privilege
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk Ar@ are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be re-moved from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meetings of February 6, 2006 & February 21, 2006
G. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Notice dated February 22, 2006 from William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director, NJ State League of Municipalities regarding truck ban regulations being struck down by Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
2. Letter dated January 2006 from John Flynn, Administrator, NDJEP Green Acres Program, inviting all interested municipalities to apply for Green Acres funds.
3. Memorandum dated February 15, 2006 from Denise B. Doolan, Clerk, Hunterdon County Board of Chosen Freeholders, regarding adoption of a Resolution declaring April, 2006 “National Autism Awareness Month.”
4. Resolution from Borough of Beachwood urging reintroduction of legislation to exempt Municipal Clerks from penalties for Open Public Records Act violations under certain circumstances.
5. Memorandum dated February 28, 2006 from Sharon L. Brienza, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Branchburg, regarding public hearing of Ordinance #2006-1008 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by amending Article 3 entitled “Zoning” by providing standards for calculation of resource conservation areas.
6. Notice dated February 27, 2006 from Rebecca E. D’Alleinne, Planning Board Administrator, Twp. of Clinton, regarding public hearing of the 2006 Clinton Township Land Use Plan Element.
7. Notice dated February 7, 2006 from Dorothy L. Gooditis, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Raritan, regarding adoption of a Resolution opposing S-457, “Time of Decision Rule.”
8. Notice from Lora Olsen, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of West Amwell, regarding adoption of Resolution strongly opposing an proposed increases to the State of New Jersey’s current gas tax rate.
9. Notice dated February 2, 2006 from Julie Vaccher Goldstein, Esq., regarding hearing before the Readington Twp. Planning Board - Block 1.01, Lot 1.12 (Jay & Eileen Gladstone).
10. Notice from Michael V. Camerino, Esq., regarding development and implementation of Stormwater Management Program and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan - Raritan Valley Community College.
11. Notice dated February 13, 2006 from John Peel, PP, PK Environmental Planning & Engineering, regarding Application for Letter of Interpretation - Line Verification - Revision - Michael Eng, Block 97, Lot 2 (entire file available for review in the Clerk=s Office).
12. Letter dated February 16, 2006 from Ira G. Megdal, Esq., regarding the amended petition of Elizabethtown Water Company for approval to revise its Purchased Water Adjustment Clause and for approval of its True Up Schedule.
H. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Solberg Airport – update by Mayor Shamey.
2. Stanton Ridge – road acceptance.
I. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Rehabilitation of Rockafellows Mill Road Bridge.
2. Renovation of cottage - 43 Old Highway 28.
3. Consideration of Amendment to Construction Code Fee Schedule Ordinance.
4. Consideration of Amendment to Zoning Fee Ordinance.
5. Consideration of Amendment to Section 43-90 “Firearms” of Police Ordinance.
6. Ordinance for payment of Regional Contribution Agreements with Bound Brook & Manville - introduction.
7. Bond Ordinance/Block 39, Lot 14 (Cuchiaro) - introduction.
8. Ordinance to Exceed the Municipal Budget Cost of Living Allowance and to Establish a CAP Bank when the COLA is Equal to or Less than 2.5% - introduction.
9. Ernest Renda Contracting Co., Inc. - request for release of Cash Maintenance Bond/Escrow Funds.
10. Kiever - request for reduction of Performance Bond.
r 11. Resolution Authorizing Application for Loan from the NJ Environmental Infrastructure Financing Program: Land Acquisition Project #5343034-04 (Holland Brook Greenway).
r 12. Request for Division of Local Government Services to review Readington Township Budget & waiving option for local examination - Resolution.
r 13. Awarding of Bond Anticipation Notes.
r 14. Somerset Wheelmen - request for permission to use a portion of Pleasant Run Road to conduct an individual time trial cycling event (April 8, 2006).
r 15. Whitehouse Fire Co. No. 1, Inc.. - request for permission to hold coin toss
(June 2nd & 3rd).
r 16. Application for Blue Light Permit - Ed Drenkhahn.
r 17. Application for Blue Light Permit - Gerald D. Neumann.
r 18. Application for Blue Light Permit - Donald J. Sigler.
r 19. Application for Raffles Licenses - Friends of Anderson House, Inc.
r 20. Applications for Raffles Licenses - Readington Twp. Home & School Assoc.
r 21. Application for Bingo License - Readington Twp. Home & School Assoc.
J. ADMINISTRATOR=S REPORT:
K. ATTORNEY=S REPORT:
L. ENGINEER=S REPORT:
M. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Gerry Shamey:
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
School Crossing Guards
2. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
3. Thomas Auriemma:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
4. Frank Gatti:
r a. Lien Redemption - resolutions.
r b. Payment of the Bills.
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
N. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.