FEBRUARY 7, 2005
A. Mayor Gatti calls the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. announcing that all laws governing Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Contract Negotiations/DPW Local 469
Personnel/Buildings & Grounds
Contract Negotiations/Bedminster Interlocal Agreement
Contract Negotiations/Dump Truck Specifications
Contract Negotiations/Scan Fingerprint System Specifications
Contract Negotiations/Block 63, Lots 11, 12 & 13 (Accettola)
Contract Negotiations/Block 42, Lots 9 & 10 (Kiever - Developer’s Agreement)
Contract Negotiations/Block 36, Lots 93, 94 & 95 (Hogan/Folk)
36, Lot 9 (Evergreen Farm)/Block 36,
Attorney-Client Privilege/Executive Session Minutes
Contract Negotiations/Professional Services:
Robert Ballard, Esq.
Sharon A. Dragan, Esq.
Banisch Associates, Inc.
William A. Shurts, Esq.
Litigation/Toll Brothers, Inc. vs.
Docket No. SOM-L-618-04 (formerly HNT-L-495-02)
Litigation/Toll Brothers, Inc. vs.
Civil Action File No. 04-6043
C. SALUTE TO THE FLAG.
D. ACTION TAKEN DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.
E. CONSENT AGENDA:
All items listed with an asterisk “r” are considered to be routine by the Township Committee and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Committee member or citizen requests, in which event the item will be removed from the General Order of Business and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
F. r APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES of meetings of December 27, 2004 & January 18, 2005.
G. PUBLIC HEARING - 8:00 p.m.
1. BOND ORDINANCE PROVIDING A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $100,000 FOR THE ACQUISITION OF LAND (BLOCK 45, LOT 10, SILVER BIT & SPUR FARM, INC. /EGGEMAN PROPERTY) IN AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF READINGTON, IN THE COUNTY OF HUNTERDON, NEW JERSEY AND AUTHORIZING THE ISSUANCE OF $95,000 BONDS OR NOTES OF THE TOWNSHIP FOR FINANCING PART OF THE APPROPRIATION
H. CORRESPONDENCE/OTHER INFORMATION:
1. Letter dated January 21, 2005 from
William G. Dressel, Jr., Executive Director, NJ State League of Municipalities
and Edithe A. Fulton, President, NJ Education Association, regarding Read
2. Notice dated January 21, 2005 from
Dorothy D. Wilkie, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Bedminster, regarding public
hearing of Ordinance #05-04 - Amending Subsection 13-904 entitled
“Affordable Housing Development Fees” of Chapter XIII Entitled “Land
Management” of the revised General Ordinances of the
3. Memorandum dated January 10, 2005 from Lisa Burd, Acting Clerk, Borough of Bloomsbury, regarding adoption of a resolution in opposition to the Fast Track Permitting Act, PL 2004, C. 89.
4. Memorandum dated January 25, 2005 from Sharon L. Brienza, Municipal Clerk, Twp. of Branchburg, regarding the following:
· Public hearing of Ordinance #2005-976 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by amending Subsection 2-2.2 entitled “Membership.”
· Adoption of Ordinance #2005-975 Amending the Land Development Ordinance of the Twp. of Branchburg by removing the residential combination cluster option from the MDR zone.
5. Memorandum dated January 25, 2005 from Cecelia Bogart, Clerk, Borough of Lebanon, regarding adoption of a resolution in opposition to the Fast Track Permitting Act, PL 2004, C. 89.
6. Notice from Lora Olsen, Deputy Township Clerk, Twp. of West Amwell, regarding adoption of Resolution in opposition to A-2360/S-911 - Expanded Condo Services.
7. Notice from Lora Olsen, Deputy Township
Clerk, Twp. of
from NJ Transit regarding proposed bus, rail,
9. Notice from Lloyd H. Tubman, Esq.,
regarding hearing before the Readington Twp. Planning Board -
dated January 5, 2005 from Lou Cattuna, Section Chief, Bureau of Inland
Regulation, NJDEP regarding NJDEP Freshwater Wetlands Letter of
Interpretation/ Line Verification - Amendment - Solberg Aviation Co., Block 40,
11. Letter dated January 25, 2005 from Terry Pilawski, Chief, Bureau of Watershed Regulation, NJDEP, regarding Water Allocation Permit - Informal Consistency Determination - Readington Route 22 Associates, LLC, Block 36, Lot 49.
12. Letter dated January 31, 2005 from Amy S. Greene, President, Amy S. Greene Environmental Consultants, Inc. regarding Application for NJDEP General Permit #1 and Special Activity Transition Area Waiver for Redevelopment, Three Bridges Sanitary Sewer Pump Station Upgrades (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
13. Letter dated July 30, 2003 from Thomas Auffenorde, Senior Project Manager, EcolSciences, Inc., regarding Application for an Extension of Letter of Interpretation - Line Verification - Bellemead Development Corp., Block 2.01, Lots 9.01 & 11 (entire file available for review in the Clerk’s Office).
I. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Chanco Development Corp. - request to use portion of escrow funds for the cash portion of Performance and Maintenance Bonds for Phase I.
J. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Rotary Club of Whitehouse - placement of clock in front of the Readington Library.
2. Appointment of member to Recreation Committee.
3. Amendment to Previously Certified Housing Element & Fair Share Plan - mediation.
4. Mill Road Section I:
Land Use Regulation Program Application
Bog Turtle Certification.
5. Ordinance authorizing the conveyance of an agricultural development rights easement on Block 55, Lot 8 (Kappus) to the County of Hunterdon for Farmland Preservation - introduction.
6. Ordinance authorizing the conveyance of an agricultural development rights easement on Block 53, Lot 9 (Dolan) to the County of Hunterdon for Farmland Preservation - introduction.
7. Ordinance authorizing the conveyance of an agricultural development rights easement on Block 72, Lot 10.02 (Pagano) to the County of Hunterdon for Farmland Preservation - introduction.
8. Ordinance authorizing the conveyance of an agricultural development rights easement on Block 53, Lot 22 (Wade) to the County of Hunterdon for Farmland Preservation - introduction.
9. Amendment to Sewer Ordinance.
10. Ordinance for payment of Regional Contribution Agreements with Bound Brook & Manville - introduction.
11. Ordinance regarding conduct at sporting events - consideration.
12. SWERP, Inc. - acceptance of Maintenance Bond.
13. Wal-Mart Store #0569- request for release of Performance Bond.
r14. Final Payment/SWERP, Inc. - sanitary sewer collection system repair project.
r15. Awarding of Bond Anticipation Notes.
r16. J.R. Contracting - payment for Illva Saronno Farm Building demolition project.
r17. Illva Saronno - request for release of Board of Health escrow funds.
r18. Doyle/Block 70, Lot 38.50 - request for release of Board of Health escrow funds.
r19. Jacobs-BBL - Payment #3 & Payment #4 for Three Bridges Pump Station project.
r20. Vacation Carryover - Resolution.
r21. Application for Social Affair Permit - American Legion Post #284.
r22. Application for Social Affair Permit - Polish American Citizens Club.
r23. Applications for Raffles Licenses - Readington Twp. Home & School Assoc.
r24. Application for Bingo License - Readington Twp. Home & School Assoc.
K. ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT:
L. ATTORNEY'S REPORT:
M. ENGINEER'S REPORT:
N. COMMITTEE REPORTS:
1. Frank Gatti:
r a. Tax Refund - resolution.
r b. Payment of the Bills.
2. Gerry Shamey:
Liaison to Fire Companies and Rescue Squad
Engineering, Roads, Maintenance & Recycling
School Crossing Guards
3. Julia Allen:
County Ag. Develop. Board Liaison
Farmland\Open Space Preservation\Land Projects Liaison
Sewer Advisory Committee
4. Thomas Auriemma:
Code Enforcement Department\Construction Code Department
5. Beatrice Muir:
Board of Health
r a. Municipal Court & Violations Bureau Report for December, 2004.
O. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC.
P. COMMENTS FROM THE GOVERNING BODY.