READINGTON TOWNSHIP OPEN SPACE ADVISORY BOARD
January 28, 2009
A. Chairman _______ calls the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. announcing that all laws governing the Open Public Meetings Act have been met and that this meeting has been duly advertised.
B. Members Present:
C. Board Reorganization
1. Nominations and election of Chair:
2. Nomination and election of Recording Secretary:
3. Other Officers:
4. 2009 Meeting Dates
5. Overview of Board responsibilities and Procedural Issues
D. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES: Meeting of November 19, 2008
E. CORRESPONDENCE / OTHER INFORMATION:
1. 1/22/09 from Linda Bush re: Open Space Table at May 25 Memorial Day.
F. REGULAR REPORTS:
1 Open Space Planning and Current Progress: Allen.
a. Farmland Preservation:
b. Green Acres:
G. OPEN SPACE STEWARDSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT
1. 2007 and 2008 Native Tree and Shrub Planting Projects: Follow-up: Discussion and action items
2. 2008 Recreational Trails Program Grant Award to Readington Twp for GPS Mapping Trails and Open Space: John Kalinich; Update and discussion.
3. 2008 Recreational Trails Program Grant Award to Readington Trail Assn. Allen (& Rep from RTA?) Report & Discussion
4. 2009 Recreational Trails Program Application Packet. Klotz/Allen; Report
5. 2009 Native tree and shrub planting Project: All; (If, What, When, Where, Funding, Who will work on it?)
6. Concept Proposal: Trail Development in Pleasant Run Greenway Open Space: Huelsebusch; Report and discussion
7. Utilizing Volunteers for Projects; Eagle Projects. Klotz; Report and Discussion
8. Community Garden at Dobozynski Farm Park: Allen; Report
9. Other Open Space Developments: All
H. OPEN SPACE HIKES: Report of December and January Hikes and Scheduling
December 14: Rockaway North; Report
January 18: Whittemore Wildlife Sanctuary; Report
February 15: Pleasant Run Greenway
March 15: South Branch WMA Three Bridges (Illva Sarrano)
I. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Readington Parks, Recreation and Leisure Activities Task Force (PRLA): Mark Toman, Chair; Presentation and discussion.
2. Project Proposal from Troop 186, BSA, Three Bridges: Johnathan Heller, Asst. Scoutmaster and Scouts; Presentation and discussion.
3. Hunterdon County Freeholders Open Space Purchase Policy: Allen; Report and Discussion.
4. A Planning Framework to Develop a Town wide Multi-use Trail Plan: Klotz; Discussion
J. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC
K COMMENTS FROM THE BOARD